When I went looking for a Christmas one-shot adventure, I was surprised to see there was not much content of any sort out there. Here is the list of what I was able to find. We have added our own holiday adventure for D&D 5e to the list.
D&D 5th Edition
- D&D 5e Holiday Adventure – The Darkest Night
The Darkest Night is our own holiday themed adventure where players battle an ancient evil to save Krinklefest. This adventure can be used as an outline for any game system, but the specific details are for four 1st-level adventurers using the rules of the 5th edition of Dungeons & Dragons.
- Krangle’s Workshop (PDF) – A seasonal encounter for five 10th-level adventurers
- Penny Arcade – Christmas Eve D&D – Article by Gabe that outlines a Christmas Eve game in detail
- Krampus Christmas Carnival – Kobold Press delivers a 3 part adventure in blog post format. Part 3 is for AGE.
- Three Sinister Santas for Your Holiday Game – Gnome Stew
- 4 Christmas Themed Adventure Plots – 6d6Fireball
- Krampus Christmas Carnival – Kobold Press delivers a 3 part adventure in blog post format. Part 1 is for Pathfinder.
D&D 4th Edition
- A Christmas Carol (PDF) – 2nd Level adventure for 2 PCs
- The Hope Day Massacre
- Twas the Wight Before XMAS – Encounter Level 15
- Christmas Special – Sarah Darkmagic (PDF) – A great collection of encounters and monsters including the Grinch and Jack Frost.
D&D 2nd Edition
- Santa’s Soldiers – Complete 60 page game. PDF for $7.00 at DriveThru RPG.
Saving Christmas… By Any Means Necessary. Join the OSN and save Christmas from the depredations of Santa’s deadliest enemies! In this hilarious roleplaying game, you take on the part of an elf operative in the Order of St. Nicholas, Santa’s paramilitary defense force! Take on bizarre villains like the Winter Wizard, the Boogieman and Anti-Claus!
- Penny Arcade – Vault of Winter Comic
- Dark Wizard Santa
Josh Lee wrote a description for the illustation I used on this post that paints Santa as the Big Bad Evil Guy (BBEG) for an adventure:
“Once a year, every year, the hobelves swear themselves and their collective energies to the dark wizard Santa in the frozen forest. From the many clans throughout the forzen north Santa gathers this energy to perform his dark magicks around the globe.”
Photo Credit: Josh Lee – http://evil-santa.deviantart.com/art/Jolly-Wizard-169298145