Kobold Press is holding a Monster Design Contest called Monarch of the Monsters for Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition. Contest entries will be judged by a panel made up of Wolfgang Baur, Steve Winter and Tribality’s own Rich Howard, with the top five voted on by the public.
“It is that time again—time for another Kobold Press contest! And this time, we’re focusing on the latest edition of D&D.”
Prizes include signed copies of Kobold Press’ books (Hoard of the Dragon Queen and Kobold Guide to Combat) and a paid commission to design additional monsters for publication.
Here’s a quick overview of the contest:
- Submit it on or before February 23, 2015
- No longer than 600 words.
- .rtf, .doc, or .docx attachment.
- Finalists will be notified on or around March 2, 2015.
- Voting for the grand prize winner will close on March 13, 2015.
Congratulation Rich and good luck to all the aspiring designers.