The first release for Adventures in Middle-earth™ is the Player’s Guide, which gives you the Middle-earth setting-specific rules and guidance to create your characters and adventure in the world of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings using the OGL 5e ruleset.
Character creation features Cultures and Classes designed for Middle-earth to help you get deep into the setting from the very start of your adventures. New rules add excitement to your journeys and encounters, and chart the corruption of the Shadow in the unwary or unwise.
The quest begins with this lavishly illustrated, hardcover Adventures in Middle-earth Player’s Guide, followed by the equally beautiful and useful Adventures in Middle-earth Loremaster’s Guide. You can start playing right away with this Player’s Guide, and the 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons® rulebooks from Wizards of the Coast®.
Adventures in Middle-earth: Players Guide contains:
• 11 Middle-earth specific playable Cultures
• 6 New and unique Classes
• 13 New Backgrounds custom-made for Middle-earth
• Middle-earth appropriate arms and armour
• Unique Journey rules
• New rules for Corruption
• New Audience rules
• Rules for The Fellowship Phase
• Middle-earth maps (as the end papers) for Players and Loremasters
224 pages, hardcover, full colour
Adventures in Middle-earth: The Loremaster’s Guide contains:
• Copious setting information for the Loremaster
• Advice on running Middle-earth games
• Rules for treasure
• Expanded Journey rules advice and options
• A Middle-earth bestiary
144 pages, hardcover, full colour
The Player’s Guide PDF is anticipated to be delivered in August, the print edition in the Autumn, the Loremaster PDF and print edition are both anticipated Autumn 2016.