During the Stream of Annilhilation event this weekend in Seattle, Wizards of the Coast announced Xanathar’s Guide to Everything, a new sourcebook which will be out in stores this fall. Xanathar’s Guide to Everything offers a wealth of new rules options for both players and DMs. I think it is safe to assume that we’ll see content related to all the recent Unearthed Arcana articles and feedback surveys from the D&D team.
Some details about this new product…
The following info has been gathered from the official product page and a tweet by Jeremy Crawford of the D&D team.
- Coming November 21, 2017 and it will cost US$49.95 (C$65.95)
- Pre-Release to FLAGS November 10, 2017
- Format: Hardcover
- 25 new subclasses (each class gets 2 except the wizard which gets 1)
- host of new spells
- new rules on magic items, downtime, traps and more
- Mike Mearls: “Tools and toys for Dungeon Masters to expand their game.”
Assembled here for the first time is new information on adventurers of every stripe. In addition, you’ll find and valuable advice for those of nefarious intent who must deal with such meddling do-gooders, including the Xanathar’s personal thoughts on how to dispatch anyone foolish enough to interfere with his business dealings. Alongside observations on “heroes” themselves, the beholder fills the pages of this tome with his personal thoughts on tricks, traps, and even treasures and how they can be put to villainous use.
- Complete rules for more than twenty new subclasses for fifth edition Dungeons & Dragons, including the cavalier, the inquisitive, the horizon walker, and many more.
- Dozens of new feats and spells, and a system to give your character a unique, randomized backstory.
- A variety of systems and tools that provide Dungeon Masters new ways to personalize their home games, while also expanding the ways players can engage in organized play and shared world campaigns.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but evil is in its heart!
Visit the official product page
Hobby Store Exclusive
“Xanathar’s Guide to Everything also comes in a limited edition format, exclusive to core hobby stores, featuring an alternative-art cover, beautifully illustrated by Hydro74”
The decision to provide a limited edition cover to game stores is a really great way to push people towards their FLGS (Friendly Neighborhood Gaming Store) and away from Amazon, which is good for D&D’s organized play (Adventurers League) and the overall hobby.
Here is a shot of the exclusive cover to the right.