Coming sometime in 2015, Sword Coast Legends is a video game for the PC based on Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition rules, where you can experience adventures set in the Forgotten Realms. Play modes include single player or group – with a Dungeon Master mode that allows for a customized pen-and-paper like experience for their players. This Dungeon Master mode gives real-time control over encounters including trap placement, spawning monsters, NPCs, secret areas, locking doors and more.
Set in the lush and vibrant world of the Forgotten Realms, Sword Coast Legends offers an all-new way to enjoy the time-tested magic of playing Dungeons & Dragons as a shared storytelling experience. With a deep narrative developed by a team of long-time industry veterans and a partnership with Wizards of the Coast, the single player campaign of Sword Coast Legends brings the world of Faerûn home like never before.
Sword Coast Legends also brings the roleplaying dynamic between players and Dungeon Masters to life with DM Mode, a first-of-its-kind real-time experience in which Dungeon Masters guide players through unique customizable adventures. In DM Mode, the Dungeon Master engages players and empowers them to have fun in a way that suits the party best while creating a tailored, non-adversarial 4 with 1 experience that any RPG or pen-and-paper fan will enjoy.
Reminiscent of Neverwinter Nights, this game is really shaping up in to something I will have to play for too many hours.
- Single player campaign created by members of the leadership team that brought you Dragon Age™: Origins
- Choose from five playable races (Dwarf, Elf, Half-Elf, Halfling, and Human) and six unique character classes to build your own stalwart adventurer
- A return to form, Sword Coast Legends is the compelling and complex RPG you’ve been waiting for and features pause time, party-based tactical combat and involving storylines
- Dungeon Master Mode: Create your own epic adventure to share with your friends, or enhance their experience in real time as they traverse your dungeon
- Set in the Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms universe based on the fifth edition ruleset and populated with Dungeons & Dragons lore and legend
5 Preorders will be available:
The top end packages come with a ton of stuff including a Statue of Belaphoss whose pose will be decided by the community.
Solo: Single Copy
- Digital Pre-Order Pack ($34.99)
- Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order Pack ($59.99)
- Limited Edition Collector’s Pre-Order Pack ($239.99)
Campaign: 5 copies
- Digital Deluxe Edition Campaign Pre-order Pack ($149.99)
- Limited Edition Collector’s Campaign Pre-Order Pack ($239.99)
Visit the official site for videos, screenshots, FAQs, community forum and more.