Last summer, the D&D team at Wizards of the Coast (WotC) did a ton of promotion for Tomb of Annihilation, including Podcasts of Annihilation. From May 7th to 20th, WotC will be collaborating with 21 liveplay podcasters in the Podcasts of Foes event to promote Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes. Here is the schedule and the podcasters involved.
- Mon, May 7: Venture Maidens, Sneak Attack!
- Tue, May 8: Dungeon Drunks, Lawful & Orderly
- Wed, May 9: Roll Like a Girl, Drunks and Dragons
- Thu, May 10: Redemption, Heroes Not Included
- Fri, May 11: d20 Dames, RPG Academy
- Sun, May 13: ITU Trash Crew
- Mon, May 14: Taking Initiative, DnD RAW
- Tue, May 15: Tabletop Potluck, You Meet in a Tavern
- Wed, May 16: Shadow of the Cabal, Dungeons, Dice & Everything Nice
- Thu, May 17: D&D is for Nerds, The Broadswords
- Fri, May 18: Dice for Brains, Nerd Poker, The Dice Unkind
- Sun, May 20: Return to Greyhawk
Listen to the D&D live play podcast community going on adventures inspired by Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes.
Last year, to celebrate the release of Tomb of Annihilation, we collaborated with D&D liveplay podcast producers to create episodes using material from the adventure and released them on the Dungeon Delve podcast feed. Victoria Rogers, from the Broadswords, ran with that idea and brought together even MORE podcasts to create one-shot adventures using monsters, stories and lore from Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes, coming out in game stores on May 18th and everywhere else on May 28th.
Right now, the Dungeon Masters from more than twenty podcasts are poring over their advance copies of Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes and recording the adventures with their casts of crazy characters. It’s been wonderful seeing the support and cooperation these groups have shown each other, not to mention the creativity shown by their passion for fantasy storytelling. I’m very appreciative that we get to showcase a little bit of that creativity in Podcasts of Foes!
Starting on Monday May 7th and continuing up until the release of Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes in game stores on May 18th, we’ll be releasing two new episodes each day of the work week on the Dungeon Delve podcast feed following the schedule below. On the weekends, you’ll get two livestreams on Twitch with monsters and lore from the book as well. Scroll down to find out more about each podcast or streaming group. Maybe you’ll find one or two new adventures to follow.
Read the full story at D&D and learn more about each of the podcasts participating.