Neverwinter just got another release for PC called The Cloaked Ascendancy putting players against a group of mages. Players get a new campaign, adventure zone, re-vamped dungeon, skirmish and more. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 releases will follow later this year.
Here is the Press Release…
Explore Diverse New Zone, Revisit Epic Spellplague Caverns Dungeon, Battle Powerful Arcane Foes and More
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – February 21, 2017 – Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of free-to-play MMORPGs, and Cryptic Studios announced Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy is now available for PC and will follow on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 later this year. The city of Neverwinter is under attack by the Cloaked Ascendancy, a group of four mages ripped from the Cloak Tower during the Spellplague. Their immense power is derived from the Far Realm and they’re wielding it to claim the throne from Lord Neverember. The latest expansion for the free-to-play MMORPG based on the Dungeons & Dragons franchise and set in the Forgotten Realms features a new campaign, adventure zone, re-vamped dungeon, skirmish and more.
Following the events of Storm King’s Thunder, adventurers begin The Cloaked Ascendancy by returning to the city to mourn the loss of a hero and friend. When the ceremony is interrupted by Gyrion and his mages, adventurers set out to stop their evil plot. The River District, a new adventure zone, sets the stage for players to complete an all-new campaign, battle in a skirmish, conquer a re-vamped high-end Spellplague Caverns dungeon and more. Here’s an extensive list of the new features in The Cloaked Ascendancy:
- New Adventure Zone: Following its recent reclamation, The River District is quickly annexed by the Cloaked Ascendancy and serves as the setting for much of this new expansion.
- New Campaign: Drive the Cloaked Ascendancy from the River District to return it to its former glory and restore Neverwinter.
- Spellplague Caverns Dungeon: The culmination of The Cloaked Ascendancy, adventurers will experience the returning dungeon in an all-new epic version, as well as a levelling version.
- New Skirmish: “The Illusionist’s Gambit” presents an all-new highly dynamic challenge to adventurers where each attempt at the skirmish can be completely different than the last.
- New Artifact Weapons: Themed after the many locales players will explore in The Cloaked Ascendancy, these new weapons allow adventurers to harness the power of the Far Realm.
Neverwinter is a free-to-play action MMORPG that features fast-paced combat and epic dungeons. Players explore the vast city of Neverwinter and its surrounding countryside, learning the vivid history of the iconic city in the Forgotten Realms and battling its many enemies. Neverwinter is available on PC and is free to play digitally on Xbox One (with Xbox Live Gold*) and PlayStation®4 (PlayStation®Plus not required).
*On Xbox, Xbox Live Gold membership (sold separately) required.
For more information about Neverwinter, visit http://www.playneverwinter.com.