This weekend D&D is hosting its big annual event called The Descent. There will be a ton of people playing D&D live on the air, but most importantly the big fall storyline has been revealed as Baldur’s Gate: Descent into Avernus. Here are the most important details:
Diabolical dangers await in this adventure for the world’s greatest roleplaying game
Welcome to Baldur’s Gate, a city of ambition and corruption situated at the crossroads of the Sword Coast. You’ve just started your adventuring career, but already find yourself embroiled in a plot that sprawls from the shadows of Baldur’s Gate to the front lines of the planes-spanning Blood War! Do you have what it takes to turn infernal war machines and nefarious contracts against the archdevil Zariel and her diabolical hordes? And can you ever hope to find your way home safely when pitted against the infinite evils of the Nine Hells?
- Releasing on September 17, 2019
- Levels 1 to 13
- 256-page campaign
- Starts with low level adventures in Baldur’s Gate (described as the Gotham of the Sword Coast)
- Expands into massive sandbox of Avernus (1st level of Hell)
- Rules for vehicular combat
- Limited-edition, game store-exclusive cover by Hydro74 featuring the skull-shaped icon of Bhaal that is now inexorably linked with Baldur’s Gate.
D&D Beyond posted a trailer for the new adventure along with an interview with Chris Perkins and Adam Lee.