“Society Unchained” – Pathfinder Unchained & Organized Play
On Monday, Paizo posted some details on how the introduction of Pathfinder Unchained will impact Pathfinder Society Organized Play. The good news is that they considered organized play early on in production of the book and have a plan. The four Pathfinder Unchained classes—barbarian, monk, rogue, and summoner—will be legal for use in organized play.
The blog post details what is in and what is out for your organized play campaign. Here is a quick summary:
- one-time limited rebuild to anyone with one or more levels in these 4 classes, allowing those characters to switch any levels in the four classes to their unchained version at no cost.
- unchained barbarian qualifies for any archetype that does not modify how the rage class feature operates (such as the urban barbarian archetype)
- limited to any barbarian rage power that appears in Chapter 1 (including the rage powers on page 13)
- unchained monk does not qualify for any archetypes, save those in future publications that specifically cite their compatibility with the unchained monk class.
- The unchained rogue qualifies for all existing rogue archetypes, but she is limited to any rogue talents listed in Chapter 1 (including the sidebar on page 24).
- Advanced Player’s Guide summoner no longer available – replaced by unchained summoner
- The unchained summoner qualifies for all existing summoner archetypes, save those that modify the eidolon’s type or base form.