The virtual versions of Dungeon Tiles Reincarnated are available at Roll20 now for US$19.95 (or a 3 pack bundle for US$49.95). The physical Dungeon Tiles Reincarnated will be available everywhere on January 23, 2018 for US$24.99.
What is ‘Dungeon Tiles Reincarnated’?
During 3rd and 4th edition, D&D released official dungeon tile packs (not sure about what was released for older editions). The 4th edition packs were released under the Dungeon & Dragons Essentials line and appear to be the base for 5th edition “reincarnated” line, sharing a very similar naming and art style. I have the 4th edition Dungeon Tiles Master Set and I found them to be high quality with lots of tiles useful for my encounter building.
This January, we’re seeing a reincarnation of the official dungeon tiles in physical and digital formats. This isn’t just a re-release, so I’ll assume we’re going to see a mix of new and old – based on what I have seen on Roll20. Dungeon tiles allow you to build your own dungeon maps with official maps and tiles from Wizards of the Coast. They are releasing three unique tile sets, broken down into City, Dungeon and Wilderness themes. The 4th edition line has some additional sets, so we might see more sets in the future such as Halls of the Giant King, Ruins of War, Shattered Keeps and Vaults of the Underdark.
These tiles are highly detailed, created for the standard 5 ft square grid and marked with difficult terrain icons for added strategy. Additionally, the Roll20 team has created 15 unique maps so you can jump right into the action. These maps are filled with Dynamic Lighting and Advanced Fog of War for Plus and Pro subscribers. Some maps also use the “tile flip” ability by utilizing rollable tokens. Open those doors and reveal those magic circles, adventurers!
Here’s a breakdown of what’s inside the Dungeon Tiles Reincarnated: 3 Pack Bundle
- All three Dungeon Tiles Reincarnated packs: City, Dungeon & Wilderness.
- More than 100 tiles per pack, with over 450 tiles between all three.
- Tiles with similar textures work together – mix them up!
- Highly detailed tokens in a range of sizes from 1×1 to 8×8, making map building quick and easy.
- 5 unique maps per tile set, 15 in total, made by our internal conversion team, including Dynamic Lighting, Advanced Fog of War & Rollable Tokens for quick tile flipping capabilities.
- Rollable tokens also included on the Token page, allowing you to quickly copy and paste in opening doors, traps, magic circles and more!
- These tiles are for use with the Roll20 platform only, and are not available for download.
From Dungeon & Dragons / Wizards of the Coast
Tiles to make fantastic dungeon maps: contains 16 durable, double-sided, fully illustrated tile sheets, featuring dungeon rooms, corridors, caverns, tunnels, and other terrain elements that Dungeon Masters can use to build exciting encounters.
Tiles to make fantastic wilderness maps: contains 16 durable, double-sided, fully illustrated tile sheets, featuring grasslands, ruins, sandy beaches, and other terrain elements that Dungeon Masters can use to build exciting encounters.
Tiles to make fantastic city maps: contains 16 durable, double-sided, fully illustrated tile sheets, featuring city streets, buildings, sewers, and other terrain elements that Dungeon Masters can use to build exciting encounters.