Located in the south east of the lands of Greyhawk, the Menowood lies between Idee, Sunndi and the Scarlet Brotherhood. The Menowood is a large warm-temperate forest valley.
For years the Menowood was a stronghold of Elves and Treants, but no one has heard much from the area for over a decade. Caught between several mountain ranges, the Menowood has many Ash and Pine trees, along with blueberry shrubs.
- Jacaranda village – 1,200 Elves, Ehlonna temple. Tree houses and rope bridges.
- Village near Lake Willow – Brownies and Pixies. Lydia shrine.
- Magnolia village – 300 Gnomes, Atroa and Wenta shrines. Homes half built into hills.
- Village near Lake Cyprus – Grippli, shrine to Wastri.
Menowood Map – 6 Megabytes – Left click on the link, then click on Download on the top right.
Areas of Note
- Suggested Feature : Library.
- Critters : Brownie, Lycanthropes-Boars.
- Defences : Dart Traps.
- Notes : Corridors where magic does not work. Portal to Feywild.
- Entrances : Doors that require Blood, Tears and Mana to open.
- Suggested Feature : Research & Development Facility.
- Critters : Small-Large sized Constructs.
- Defences : Rolling Ball Traps.
- Notes : Corridors that drop marbles all over the floor.
- Entrances : Mechanical Puzzle Lock Doors.
- Suggested Feature : Thirsty Woods. Branches keep scratching people, lose hit points every hour.
- Critter : Strangely quiet and absent of birds.
- Notes : Unholy area, Good aligned Clerics or Paladins pass unharmed.
- Plants : Needlemen/Blight in the area.
- Suggested Feature : Relaxing campsite. Strangely peaceful.
- Critter : Gnome patrollers, Lycanthropes-Ravens (reclusive)
- Notes : Shrines to Lydia and Phyton.
- Plants : Many Willow and Cyprus trees.
Other critters in the area : Beastman have been visiting here each spring.
Mordekainen’s Tome of Foes creatures – Vampiric mist deep in the woods.
- Oblex escaped from Gnome ruins.
Secret Stash : Zuggmatoy’s stash-Dozens of mosses and fungus plants in cavern. A shrine to Zuggmatoy in here, with notes on how to recruit Vegepygmies against mammals.
Quests for the Menowood Region :
Quest – Collect water and soil samples from four lake areas.
- Recruiter – Beory church (Nature, Rain).
- Reward – 3*3D8 Healing vials and 3*Neutralise poison vials.
- Opposition – Kuo-toa (non-evil clan) claim two of the areas as their own, want to be left alone.
- Thing – 2nd Player to the GM’s right – Something here activates your Flaw, what is it?
- Challenges – Several areas of thick forest that is hard to navigate.
Quest – Planar magic detected in Gnome ruins, investigate and report.
- Recruiter – Gnome Clans of Sunndi
- Reward – 12 room Manor in Pitchfield.
- Opposition – Slaad with portals to Limbo.
- Thing – PC with the highest Dex-trips over something from their teenage years, what is it?
- Challenges – Some areas have Construct Guardians (that can be outwitted/avoided).
Quest – Check for tunnels between the bramble caves and the Underdark.
- Recruiter – Merchants (after caravans were raided)
- Reward – One of each non magical weapon and armour in Players Handbook.
- Opposition – Scarlet Brotherhood gathering Goblins as slaves from the area.
- Thing – 2nd Player to the GM’s left – You find something you’ve secretly desired for a long time, what is it?
- Challenges – Bramble caves often block vision and distort noise.
Tie-ins for other tomes :
Suggested GH City box set Adventure cards you can tie to this area
- Dark Denizens of the Deep Delve & Sunken Temple.
Potential Treasure from Greyhawk Adventures book
- Horn of the Vast Swamp & Disk of the Azure Sea.
- Werewolf adventure for the Menowood in World of Greyhawk box set, within the Glossography.