Aethera – Pathfinder Campaign Setting – Kickstarter
Aethera: Swords and Starships Kickstarter takes Pathfinder RPG Fans to New Worlds
Encounter Table Publishing, a startup tabletop RPG publishing company founded by RPG author Robert Brookes, is proud to announce the launch of the Aethera Campaign Setting Kickstarter! The Aethera Campaign Setting brings space opera to the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.
Under the guidance of Robert Brookes, who is a former finalist in Paizo Inc’s RPG Superstar competition and regular contributing author to the Pathfinder RPG (Occult Adventures, Occult Realms, Occult Mysteries, Bestiary 5, Ultimate Intrigue, and more!), you’ll experience the unique biomes of six totally new alien worlds, each with their own highly detailed histories, cultures, conflicts, and threats. Brookes has launched a Kickstarter at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/89095698/aethera-campaign-setting to bring Aethera to life.
“Aethera is designed with a distinct 1920s-1930s retro-futuristic art style, tempered by the presence of magic”, Brookes said. “Aethera is diesel-punk meets magical technology, meets elements of traditional fantasy such as paladins, sorcerers, and wizards. In the Aethera Campaign Setting, you’ll soar to asteroid outposts and ancient high-tech ruins on a ship powered by crystallized magic, journey to worlds populated by intelligent plant bio-engineers, musically prophetic technocrats, human-souled robotic war veterans, and alien shamans, all suddenly threatened by interstellar raiders.”
Aethera is a Pathfinder RPG compatible science -fantasy setting with so much to see and experience that we have to create a whopping 400-page hardcover in order to contain it all!
The Aethera Campaign Setting will include the following content:
- Races- 14 pages of content for Aethera’s core races; human, erahthi (plant-like creatures), phalanx (bio-mechanical constructs), okanta (giant-blooded), and the infused (victims of magical experimentation with latent telekinetic powers).
- Classes- 100 pages of content! We introduce the cantor, a divine spellcasting bard-like class, and discuss how the core, base, hybrid, and occult classes fit into the setting.
- Cosmology- 128 pages of setting lore about the six worlds of the Aethera Campaign Setting, from its twin stars Ashra and Aethera, to the human homeworld of Akasaat, the forest world of Kir-Sharaat, the lawless Amrita Asteroid Belt, the ruin-shrouded gas giant Seraos, the frozen wastes of Orbis Aurea, and a detailed look at Aethera’s outer planes.
- Feats & Skills- 32 pages of new skills including the new aethership combat rules. 15 pages of feats, like growing plant symbiotes or crafting automata prosthetics!
- Gear & Magic- 76 pages of new mundane and magic items, aethertech (tech fueled by crystallized magic), and aetherships (magic-tech hybrid starships).
- Bestiary- 45 pages of the most unusual, horrific, and fascinating monsters that inhabit the Aethera Campaign Setting.
The Aethera Campaign Setting is being designed by industry professionals with a standard you’ve come to expect from top-of-the-line publishers.
Join the Kickstarter and explore the Aethera system! Check out all of the great rewards including the Aethera Spirit comic and more at the Aethera Campaign Setting Kickstarter to make this book a reality!