Dungeons & Dragons at Meltdown Comics
Actors and Comedians from ABC, NBC, and Comedy Central Play Dungeons & Dragons at Meltdown Comics
Tune-in on 6.1.16 at 4pm PT to Watch the Story Unfold!
Meltdown Comics is a hotbed for both veteran and emerging comedy talent in Los Angeles and we’re bringing an eclectic group of people together to play Dungeons & Dragons and one-up each other’s storytelling chops.
On June 1 starting with a pre-show at 2:30pm PT, we’ll stream D&D Live from Meltdown at Twitch.tv/wotc_DND to unveil the new fall storyline for Dungeons & Dragons, and we’ll introduce a brand new cast of characters and the details for their new weekly D&D series produced by and airing on Nerdist and Geek & Sundry this Summer. You might recognize some of these folks:
- Actor, singer, rapper-extraordinaire, Utkarsh Ambudkar (The Mindy Project, Pitch Perfect), will be drawing on his many talents as he plays a wise-cracking scoundrel human rogue.
- Ashley Johnson, known for her roles on NBC’s Blindspot and Geek & Sundry’s Critical Role, will take on a new persona as a half-orc cleric.
- Comedian and writer Shelby Fero (Key & Peele) will be playing a dwarf fighter with a floating shield and a crippling fear of heights.
- Brian Posehn (The Sarah Silverman Program) is a long-time D&D player who hosts his own D&D games on the Nerd Poker podcast but he won’t tell us what character he is playing in the Meltdown game.
- Jonah Ray, host of The Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail on Comedy Central, Hidden America and the new MST3K is playing a wise old monk who has a fishing metaphor for every occasion.
- Matthew Mercer, leader of Critical Role, will be keeping this crew reined in as the Dungeon Master, running the adventure he developed with Chris Perkins (principal story designer of D&D).
- More special guests yet to be revealed!
More details about the adventuring party and the weekly series will be revealed June 1st at D&D Live from Meltdown.
Alison Haislip (G4, ABC’s Battlebots) will serve as host for D&D Live from Meltdown, unveiling new D&D products and corralling the shenanigans on stage including interviews with Chris Perkins, Mike Mearls, Cryptic Studio’s Rob Overmeyer (executive producer of Neverwinter MMORPG) and other D&D creators. Watch Alison tell everyone about D&D Live from Meltdown in a promo video on the D&D YouTube channel.
Tune-in to the Dungeons & Dragons Twitch channel – twitch.tv/wotc_dnd – on June 1 for the pre-show broadcast starting at 2:30pm PT live from inside Meltdown Comics in Hollywood. The exciting unveiling of the new storyline will follow at 4pm PT along with the accompanying line of products from partners including miniatures, online play aids and video games from WizKids, Gale Force 9, Penny Arcade, Fantasy Grounds and Cryptic/Perfect World.
For more information on Dungeons & Dragons, visit https://www.dungeonsanddragons.com.