Xanathar’s Guide to Everything will be out in November, but we’re seeing lots of previews this week, so I thought I would update our previews page with all of the new stuff that has come in.
Back in June during the Stream of Annilhilation event in Seattle, Wizards of the Coast announced Xanathar’s Guide to Everything, a new sourcebook which will be out in stores this fall. Xanathar’s Guide to Everything offers a wealth of new rules options for both players and Dungeon Masters.
Extra Life is a charity event D&D has been involved with over the past few years. The charity asks gamers to stream themselves playing with the express purpose of driving donations to children’s hospitals.
“As we raise more money together, we’ll also unlock content from Tomb of Annihilation you can’t get anywhere else and preview pages from the upcoming Xanathar’s Guide to Everything.” The rewards for the D&D Team include the following previews:
- $5k: Downloadable art gallery, from Tomb of Annihilation (Unlocked)
- $10k: Sample list of random encounters, from Xanathar’s Guide to Everything (Unlocked)
- $15k: Sample list of suggested character names, from Xanathar’s Guide (Unlocked)
- $20k: Sample life events for characters, from Xanathar’s Guide (Unlocked)
- $25k: List of new wizard spells, from Xanathar’s Guide (Unlocked)
- $30k: Subclass preview – Cleric Forge Domain, from Xanathar’s Guide
- $35k: Drawing of in-game Tortle champion asset, from Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms
- $40k: Table of Contents, from Xanathar’s Guide
- $45k: Speed-draw video with commentary of Tortle champion, from Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms
- $55k: Free code for 2 gold chests, from Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms (expire 1 week after Extra Life event day)
Visit the official page
Some selections from the ToA downloadable art reward.
Todd Kenreck always provided excellent official content in his D&D Beyond videos and he has a chance to talk to Jeremy Crawford and Mike Mearls about the book.
- Barbarian: Path of the Ancestral Guardian
- Bard: College of Glamour
- Bard: College of Whisper
- Cleric: Grave Domain
- Cleric: Forge Domain
- Druid: Circle of Dreams
- Fighter: Arcane Archer
- Fighter: Samurai
- Fighter: Cavalier
- Monk: Way of the Drunken Master
- Paladin: Oath of Conquest
- Ranger: Monster Slayer
- Ranger: Horizon Walker
- Rogue: Scout
- Rogue: Inquisitive
- Sorcerer: Shadow
- Sorcerer: Divine Soul
- Warlock: Celestial
- Warlock: Hexblade
- Wizard: War Magic
Some details about the book…
The following info has been gathered from the official product page and a tweet by Jeremy Crawford of the D&D team.
- Coming November 21, 2017 and it will cost US$49.95 (C$65.95)
- Pre-Release to FLAGS November 10, 2017
- Format: Hardcover
- 25 new subclasses (each class gets 2 except the wizard which gets 1)
- host of new spells including the Cavalier, Horizon Walker and Inquisitive
- new rules on magic items, downtime, traps and more
- new spells
- Mike Mearls: “Tools and toys for Dungeon Masters to expand their game.”
Assembled here for the first time is new information on adventurers of every stripe. In addition, you’ll find and valuable advice for those of nefarious intent who must deal with such meddling do-gooders, including the Xanathar’s personal thoughts on how to dispatch anyone foolish enough to interfere with his business dealings. Alongside observations on “heroes” themselves, the beholder fills the pages of this tome with his personal thoughts on tricks, traps, and even treasures and how they can be put to villainous use.
- Complete rules for more than twenty new subclasses for fifth edition Dungeons & Dragons, including the cavalier, the inquisitive, the horizon walker, and many more.
- Dozens of new feats and spells, and a system to give your character a unique, randomized backstory.
- A variety of systems and tools that provide Dungeon Masters new ways to personalize their home games, while also expanding the ways players can engage in organized play and shared world campaigns.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but evil is in its heart!
Visit the official product page
Hobby Store Exclusive
“Xanathar’s Guide to Everything also comes in a limited edition format, exclusive to core hobby stores, featuring an alternative-art cover, beautifully illustrated by Hydro74”
The decision to provide a limited edition cover to game stores is a really great way to push people towards their FLGS (Friendly Neighborhood Gaming Store) and away from Amazon, which is good for D&D’s organized play (Adventurers League) and the overall hobby.
Here is a shot of the exclusive cover to the right.